Welcome to the 12th Annual PNBAA Golf Tournament!
This year's tournament will be held on one spectacular course at The Golf Club at Newcastle. All business aviation participants are welcome. Registration is available for singles and foursomes with the first tee time being at 10:30 AM. Participation is catered to golfers and non-golfers alike. The best ball format ensures all abilities have opportunities to help the team and enjoy their time on the course.
Proceeds from this event help support PNBAA scholarships, educational programs and other events throughout the year. Thank you for investing the Pacific Northwest's business aviation community.
PNBAA 2020 Golf Sponsor Information
- Participation is open to such individuals, corporations, businesses, or organizations with an interest in or relationship with the aviation community.
- Registration requires online credit card payment to complete the process. If you would prefer to pay by check, contact the Golf Committee with the website Contact Us form.
- If your guest players are not known during registration, enter TBD. You can then later provide your guest player names to Event Chair, Cindy Hales at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9, 2020.
- All sponsorships are on a first come, first serve basis and must be completed via the request form. If you have any questions, please contact Event Chair, Cindy Hales at email@example.com.
- All sales are final. If your registration may not be needed, please consider donating it back to PNBAA.
- By registering for this tournament, you agree to hold PNBAA harmless for any activity or injury, whether personal or bodily, associated with this golf tournament.
What to expect in light of COVID-19 (subject to change)
- One course this year
- One golfer per cart
- Face masks required upon arrival
- Rental clubs will not be available
- Dedicated tee times
- Lunches will be available at the beginning of the tournament and BBQ will be available at the turn
- There will not be a dinner and cocktail party.
- Scorecards will be photographed at the finish and winners will be announced at the Zoom raffle
- A raffle party will be held after the tournament via Zoom
Schedule of Events
Virtual sales of mulligan and raffle prize tickets should be completed with registration and prior to arrival at tournament
Putting and Longest Drive contests
||First Tee time in increments - times will be finalized and emailed to you prior to the tournament. You may arrive 30 mins prior to your scheduled tee time.
|| Virtual Ceremony and Raffle Prizes via Zoom
Tournament Rules Highlights
- Four person, best ball scramble
- Men will tee off from the Standard (White) tees regardless of handicap
- Women will tee off from the Ladies (Green) tees
- There will be a longest drive and closest to the pin prize for both men and women on the designated holes. The winners are each awarded a prize at the luncheon.
- Hole-In-One Contest - There will be a Hole-In-One contest for all golfers. The golfer who makes a hole-in-one at the designated Par 3 will receive a special, high value prize. Additional prizes will be given for any hole-in-one made on one of the other Par 3 holes.
- Mulligan - Each golfer will have an opportunity to purchase one mulligan ($10.00) via the Golf Genius app which can be used for any shot, EXCEPT contest shots (i.e. long drive, closest to the pin, hole-in-one).
- Cheat-for-Charity - All participants will be given an opportunity to purchase a Cheat-for-Charity at designated holes for $20.00 per team. It allows the foursome to proceed to the 150 yard marker to take their first shot.
- This year there will be no two-putt rule.
Purchase raffle tickets for prizes given away at the end of the awards ceremony: One ticket = $5 or five tickets = $20. Trade a little money and potentially win prizes worth hundreds!
In 1995 Brant Dahlfors, Herv Hodgson and Sue Carroll came up with the idea to host a golf tournament to garner more interaction between flight departments operating at Boeing Field. The first tournament, held in 1996 was hosted by Learjet and Westar Insurance Managers.
During the next 13 years of the tournament, Learjet morphed into Bombardier and Westar continued into HUB International Northwest. Both continued hosting the tournament annually until 2009 when the tournament was turned over to PNBAA in an effort to generate even greater participation within the Northwest aviation community.
2020 Golf Committee
Cindy Hales - HUB International; Golf Committee Chair
Brad Boeder, Starbucks
Jackie Charles-Spears, Mente LLC
John Lutz, Nike
Frank Madison, CB Air LLC
Jeff Roberts, Aircare International
Danny Yazzolino, Hillsboro Aviation
Maddie DuBray, PNBAA Event Coordinator